Hangin'

14.10.10

Whew! No vampires here!


Hi.  It’s Lance,

Have I told you how much I love fall?  All the leaves blowing around, all the wind, all the rain and ALL the leaves?  I’ve always loved leaves, especially when they blow.  They are so much fun to chase and catch.  When I was little, Mommy and Daddy called me Lancelot, Leaf Killer because I was so good at catching them.  I try to show Kai how to do it, but he is still not as good as I am.

I was too little last year to hear about Samhain, Halloween, or Dia de los Muertos, but this year it’s all over the television.  The whole thing sounds kind of scary.  Ghosts.  Goblins.  Werewolves.   Little Devils.  Brrrrrrr.  Then, I found out about vampires.  Vampires?  These things that latch onto your neck, bite you and suck your blood?  That’s too creepy.  Mommy and Daddy watch movies about things like that on TV all the time, but I always go into the other room ‘cause it’s scary. 

I started thinking about vampires a lot.  Suppose they’re everywhere and we don’t know it?  Suppose they’re always trying to bite your neck?  Suppose…  Kai!  Oh my God.  Kai’s a vampire!  He’s always trying to bite me, he’s sleeps a *LOT* during the day.  And then I realised the kicker.  He won’t cross running water.  I could hardly sleep in my crate next to him.  Suppose he crept out at night and attacked Mommy and Daddy?!?!  How could I protect them?  It was keeping me up at night.  What was a poor puppy to do?

However, last weekend I found out everything was OK.  We were playing in the park.  OK, even if my brother is a vampire; I still love him and want to play.  Anyway, we were running in the park and he crossed the stream that goes through it.  Proof he wasn’t blood‑sucking fiend!!  That was a huge load off my mind. 

My little brother.  Cute, fun, a great chew toy, and definitely *not* a vampire.

Have a great holiday, no matter how you celebrate,

Lance

3 comments:

  1. But Lance....are you sure that I am not a vampire? Love, Uncle Eco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's seriously scary.

    You're black.

    You've got kinda big ears.

    You've got really big teeth.

    Sue!!!!!! Echo's a vampire! Get the holy water and the garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never fear Lance, you and Kai are safe here-we take extra precautionary measures and keep a supply of wooden stakes handy just in case. Don't tell Eco; we call them firewood and hope he doesn't notice.

    ReplyDelete