Hangin'

29.9.10

All Kinds of Stuff

Yo.  Kai here.

I’ve started levels class with Lance at Dogs in the Park.  So far it’s dead easy.  Down‑stays, but with more distractions (like Lance barking his fool head off).  I mean, I know I’m cute and I can’t imagine why the whole world doesn’t want to hang out with me, but dude, take a chill pill.  It’s been kind of fun.  We did three levels classes in three days ‘cause Mom and Dad had to go to Michigan to see a people vet and Lance and I stayed with John and Sue.  Man, John and Sue are strict!  You actually have to sit and wait at a door before they’ll open it.  Worse yet, they’ve got Mom and Dad doing it.  Still it was fun, and now that Lance and I are getting it down, it’s not too bad.

There’s a lot of new stuff.  I’m working on loose‑leash walking.  Kinda hard ‘cause it takes a *lot* of attention.  I mean, one minute you’re walking along and the next minute there’s something kewl.  _But_ you’re not supposed to take your Mom or Dad to see it, even though you know they’d really like it.  Last night there was a tunnel that the dogs were going through.  I did it – easy as sniffing a cat.

Lance, Dad, and I went to the dog park today.  It was a lot of fun.  Though I don’t know why some dogs are such scardy cats.  I saw these two dogs heading my way, and they looked like they’d like to run around and maybe play.  I ran up, did the appropriate play bow (sort of a ‘downward facing dog’ for you humans), and they both squealed and ran to their human.  Jeez!  It’s not like I was carrying a bloody Chihuahua in my teeth!  Their loss.  There was an Australian Shepherd who was fun and a Husky who liked to run.  We went to the creek with this Shar Pei.  OK, Lance and the Shar Pei went in and I guarded the shore.  We all got good and muddy.  Lance and I went home and napped until dinner.

TTFN,

Kai

1 comment:

  1. Just wait Kai. The key to good loose leash walking is to make it a game for your people. Look deep within their eyes. See if you can fool them into starting without you. THAT is key. If you get them to concentrate hard enough, they will step forward and then you fooled them and you win!

    Sitting at the door is just the first step. When you sit at the door, you can make eye contact and you can read their minds...and figure out where you are going and what you are doing. Its a great game.

    See you soon in class.

    Uncle Eco

    ReplyDelete